A representative from South County Health confirmed today that a patient receiving treatment at South County Hospitall has tested positive for COVID-19.
Below is the statement from the hospital:
Last week, a patient presented at South County Medical Group in Wakefield with flu-like symptoms but no history of international travel or interaction with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). When the patient’s symptoms later worsened, he was tested through the Department of Health (DOH) and confirmed as positive for the virus.
The DOH has not yet successfully traced where this individual contracted the virus. Elevated community transmission of COVID-19 makes tracing more difficult, which means it is increasingly critical that people follow suggested guidelines to reduce social interaction and person-to-person contact whenever possible.
Individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 and meet any of the criteria for high risk exposure should call their healthcare provider. They should not go directly to a healthcare facility without calling their provider first. As always, in cases of medical emergency, please call 911.
People with general questions about COVID-19 can call the DOH hotline at 401-222-8022.
- Project Hand Up volunteers working to keep families fed
- SCH postpones all purely elective surgeries
- Page turner: CHS student is using the Internet to keep kids engaged with books
- WWHA receives generous donations from residents, local grocery store
- Local libraries going online to provide programming
- Narragansett declares state of emergency, residents encouraged to contact town hall via phone, email
- South County Hospital patient tests positive for COVID-19
- North Kingstown declares state of emergency over COVID-19
- Restaurants, bars, cafes ordered to close to in-house dining
- New teacher contract would lead to savings
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
ricentral.com daily headlines
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!