A representative from South County Health confirmed today that a patient receiving treatment at South County Hospitall has tested positive for COVID-19.
Below is the statement from the hospital:
Last week, a patient presented at South County Medical Group in Wakefield with flu-like symptoms but no history of international travel or interaction with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 (novel coronavirus). When the patient’s symptoms later worsened, he was tested through the Department of Health (DOH) and confirmed as positive for the virus.
The DOH has not yet successfully traced where this individual contracted the virus. Elevated community transmission of COVID-19 makes tracing more difficult, which means it is increasingly critical that people follow suggested guidelines to reduce social interaction and person-to-person contact whenever possible.
Individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 and meet any of the criteria for high risk exposure should call their healthcare provider. They should not go directly to a healthcare facility without calling their provider first. As always, in cases of medical emergency, please call 911.
People with general questions about COVID-19 can call the DOH hotline at 401-222-8022.
- Raimondo targets weekend of May 30 to reopen places of worship
- Town considers fee increase for rental properties
- Coventry task force holds mass decon of all municipal vehicles
- Ocean State launches new app to help 'CRUSH COVID'
- Mannix withdraws motion that would have instructed police to not enforce state laws around COVID-19 precautions
- Chariho students’ medical devices are helping save lives during pandemic
- Coventry-based rock band reforms after three decades
- Coventry student Austin Andrews earns gold medal in SkillsUSA academic competition
- State will see 'very limited' beach reopening for Memorial Day
- URI President Dooley announces he will retire next year
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
ricentral.com daily headlines
Would you like to receive our daily news? Signup today!