- Special Sections
- Time Out
COVENTRYâ€”A two-alarm fire in Coventry displaced a family of six after flames broke out in their downstairs kitchen Monday night.
Central Coventry Fire Chief Andrew Baynes explained that the male homeowner called 911 at 8:06 p.m. after he returned to his home at 9 Grant Drive and noticed a fire in the basement of the raised ranch.
He said firefighters from Central Coventry arrived shortly after and quickly surveyed the area to ensure nobody was still inside.
In order to extinguish the fire, he said the firefighters vented the home through the roof, along with horizontal ventilation by breaking windows.
For more information, pick up the most recent edition of The Coventry Courier.