Skip to main content

Electrocuted Hopkinton man's condition improved

December 5, 2010

HOPKINTON – A man who touched his head to a power line last Sunday morning as he was trimming branches was listed in improving condition the next day.

Mark Bragger, 59, of 89 Skunk Hill Road, was out near his home that morning in a rented cherry picker looking to clear tree limbs. But a near-tragedy struck when he touched his bucket to the neutral wire of the power lines and then hit his head on the 7,200-volt line, according to Hope Valley-Wyoming Fire District Chief Frederick A. Stanley.

That contact with the power line apparently caused burns on 30 percent of the man's body, Stanley said.

Pick up this week's The Chariho Times for more information.

View more articles in:


Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes